Pages

Sunday 2 February 2014

A NEW BEGINNING

It's been a long way. I started to actively trade in 2009 (some rare trades with shares were done as early as 2003 and first try in Forex was in 2006). I went a long way from technical trader to news/volatility trader, to algo/volatility trader, to order flow trading and finally back to put all of this together in just one simple approach.

I traded very little in 2013, as I have decided to step up the game and move to futures market, since forex had volality died in 2012. But of course as I moved on it picked up again! But more about it later. I had spent the whole year getting used to futures contracts, session trading, intra-day trading. I focused mostly on gold and later on crude and dax. I went on with TopStepTrader prop firm and won a hardest 150k Combine with the first try in gold. I became a Live Trader with them in summer 2013. After taking a step back I have completed another Combine (also 150k) winning over 12k with max risk of 4.5k in 20 trading days, using gold, crude, nat gas and minidow contracts.

During the time I have become also enamored with DAX, German stock index traded at Eurex exchange in Frankfurt. It moves like a beast but it is technical, it's quite expensieve, so you get the highest potential from a single contacts if you know what you are doing. And it trades in European session and again in American session.

By the end of 2013 I have formulated a plan to go forward and take my trading live again.

I am starting with a capital of 12 000 euro, allocated 10 000 to futures trading and 2000 to forex trading. I might add more to forex if needed later.

I plan to double my account in 3 months. I will start with just one contract in DAX and a maximum daily loss of 600 euro, or 45 ticks plus slippage and commissions. I will stop trading after 1500 loss till the end of the week, counting from the highest achieve balance or starting balance of the week. I will add 1 more contract after I make profit 2000 euro.

I plan to actively use pyramiding into the profit, going with high target and making big on the large moves. If I get another setup when well in profit I will add more size and have a stop where I won't lose any money on the whole trade.

In regards to forex trade, I want to refresh my technical skills and take it as a side operations, looking for setups on 4h charts and not monitoring it constantly. I plan to risk 100 dollars per trade initially until I have some profit and then I can add more capital as I feel smooth about it.

My plan for 2014 is to take my capital to the level where I can trade 10 contracts of dax or 10 lots in forex. That would be something like 50k. It may sound optimistic but hey there is no bussiness in trading for pessimist, besides, I truly believe if trading the plan strictly and re-using profits as a cushion for adding more size, it is well achievable.

If I get hit, I will stop trading, regroup, go back on demo for a month or more, then add money to the capital to the levels mentioned and start again. If I do well, I will consider adding more capital and trade more size. In any case, sign up for my updates and watch me taking it to the stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment